1 – Introduction
BriefMapp acknowledges the protection of the User’s privacy and respects the legal provisions in force.
2 – When does BriefMapp collect your Personal Information?
BriefMapp collects Personal Information from the User when You:
- visit Our Site;
- register on Our Site;
- subscribe to Our newsletters;
- place an Order;
- input financial information for purposes of processing payment for an Order;
- participate in special operations, in particular games, competitions, product tests, customers surveys or market researches;
- contact BriefMapp, in particular when You submit a request or a complaint or when You rate or review Our Products offered;
- give consent to a third party to send BriefMapp Personal Information about You.
3 – What Personal Information does BriefMapp collect about You?
BriefMapp considers all information that could identify You directly or indirectly as Personal Information. BriefMapp may mainly collect the following Personal Information:
- information about your identity, in particular your gender, last name, first names, address, telephone number, email addresses, date of birth or age;
- financial information relating to the payment for Orders;
- illustrative and graphical images of You or a person in a relationship with You;
- information about Our commercial relationship, in particular transaction numbers, history of your purchases, your request or your communications with BriefMapp or third party, your preferences and interests;
- technical information, in particular your IP address or information about how your device navigates through Our Site.
4 – Why is your Personal Information collected?
Personal information may be processed mainly for the following purposes:
- Site administration;
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) (loyalty program, newsletters, promotions, product testing, surveys, etc.), the processing of which is made subject to your approval;
- Market analysis and timing (profiling on the basis of your purchasing behaviour, preferences and interests, analyses while navigating through the Site, statistics, reporting, etc.). This processing is made subject to your approval;
- When appropriate, for purposes of prevention and fraud detection;
- Managing your request (complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and removal of Personal Information, etc.);
5 – Does BriefMapp disclose your Personal Information?
BriefMapp will never share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes.
The Personal Information we are collecting about You are intended for BriefMapp and are likely to be communicated to a Third Party chosen for their expertise and reliability and acting on Our behalf and at Our direction (IT service providers, customer service, delivery, etc.).
BriefMapp authorises these third parties to use your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform services on Our behalf or to comply with legal requirements and we strive to ensure that your Personal Information is always protected.
These third parties will be located in South Africa and if outside the aforementioned territory, such country shall comply with section 72 of POPIA to ensure that the Personal Information is afforded the same level of data protection as in South Africa. In such a case, we will ensure, if We have not already, to either:
- to obtain your unambiguous consent to share your Personal Information with these third parties;
- to enter into appropriate data transfer agreements conforming in full compliance with the Data Protection Laws.
Finally, we may also transmit your Personal Information to local authorities if required by the applicable Data Protection Laws or other legislation or as part of an investigation and in accordance with local regulations and BriefMapp shall endeavour to inform the User of such request.
6 – How will BriefMapp protect the information about You?
BriefMapp endeavours to take the appropriate technical and organisational measures, in relation to the nature of data and risks, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information and, in particular, to prevent it from being deformed, damaged or transmitted to any unauthorized parties.
This may include practices such as retaining your Personal Information on a secure server protected by a firewall, the transmission of sensitive information (such as medical information) using a secure encryption protocol (Protocol SSL), internal reviews of Our practices and privacy policies and implementation of physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access.
7 – What is the policy about minors?
This Site is not aimed at minors.
BriefMapp does not knowingly collect nor process Personal Information from persons under the age of 18.
As soon as we acquire knowledge of the collection of Personal Information from any minors without prior authorisation from that minor’s parent or legal guardian, we will take appropriate measures to delete all such Personal Information from our servers, alternatively request the consent of the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
8 – What is the cookies policy of BriefMapp?
9 – For how long is your Personal Information kept?
- Your data will be kept for five (5) years from the date of collection or after the last contact or the end of the commercial relationship, unless opposed by the User. At the end of this five-year period, we may make contact with You again in order to find out whether or not You wish to continue to receive marketing. If no clear positive answer is given by the User, your data will be deleted or archived in accordance with Data Protection Laws;
- Data to prove a right or a contract or if kept under compliance with a legal obligation can be archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
10 – What are your rights regarding your Personal Information and how to contact us?
If You consent and provide BriefMapp with your email address, phone number or mailing address, You may receive emails, calls or periodic messages from BriefMapp about our Products, services or upcoming events. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists by contacting BriefMapp at the address below or by following the link “unsubscribe” contained in each of our emails. You can also change your preferences at any time in your Account.
In accordance with the provisions in force, You have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete Personal Information about You. You can also withdraw your consent at any time.
You will be informed of the actions to be taken as soon as possible and in any case no later than one month after your request. However, we reserve the right not to respond to manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
In accordance with the provisions in force, You can also file a complaint with the Information Regulator at email: email@example.com or lodge an appeal if your Personal Information is misused.
BriefMapp only delivers Products within the borders of the Republic of South Africa. If Order are to be delivered outside the Republic of South Africa, BriefMapp reserves the right to impose a surcharge on the delivery fee. The delivery times between Standard Orders and International Order may vary depending on the delivery address of the User.
An Order can only be delivered to one address. If You require Orders to be sent to multiple addresses, then You will need to place a separate Order for each address.
Standard Delivery for Order 2 (two) weeks) to 4 (four):
BriefMapp shall endeavour to deliver your Order within 2 (two) to 4 (four) weeks for Standard Orders. An additional 3 (three) weeks lead time is required for International Orders. However, actual delivery time may vary depending on the distance of your address from our distribution centre.
Your Order will be processed after your payment has been received and/or any other necessary verification has been completed.
Return and Refund Policy
We, at BriefMapp want You to be happy with your Order. If the Product is not up to standard, please log a return with our customer team at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 (seven) days of receiving your Order. The customer team will contact You to help You through the next steps of your return.
Please note that You must retain proof of postage for all returns. Your return request will be processed promptly. Returns are processed within 7 (seven) business days of receipt. An email will be sent to confirm the receipt and processing of your return request.
During this return process we will review your return against our promised standard and if deemed not to be of standard we will issue You with a replacement voucher alternatively for a full refund, less any reasonable expenses incurred by BriefMapp. BriefMapp customer team will support You through the issuance of the voucher, alternatively refund. BriefMapp reserves the right to have the physical product returned on specific occasions and in its original packaging, we request to please keep product in original packaging throughout the process.
This policy applies to Orders made through our online e-commerce services only. BriefMapp are unable to process returns for purchases made from any other country outside the Republic of South Africa. BriefMapp have a standard returns process for purchases made through other means, please contact our team with above contact information to help You through this process.
Refunds will only be made against the original credit/debit card used. For the return of a single Product, if that Product is damaged, faulty or incorrect. BriefMapp will at your election either replace the Product or refund You for your purchase, on condition that You return the damaged, faulty or incorrect Product to BriefMapp.
BriefMapp cannot accept Products back that have been opened, used or damaged by the User after delivery unless the Product is damaged or defective on delivery. In the event that the Product is damaged on delivery, the User is required to notify BriefMapp within 24 (twenty four) hours via the Customer Care email address and completion of the Return Form. If after inspecting the Product, BriefMapp, at its sole discretion determines the Product were damaged to no fault of the User, BriefMapp shall process a refund including the return delivery fee.
If you have questions about returns and refunds, please contact BriefMapp at email@example.com